Monday, May 23, 2011

Weigh-In #5

Weight loss this week: 2.2lbs
Total weight loss so far: 15.3lbs

So I'm really happy that my weight continues to go down and I seem to be doing pretty well in the program. I don't feel like I'm depriving myself and, while I do sometimes miss being able to eat without measuring everything that goes into my mouth, I am still enjoying WW.

I did do a bit of comfort eating and snacking this weekend. I stayed within my points (dipping into my weeklies...but I am trying to eat those anyway per advice from other WW members) but some of my choices could have been better. Friday night was a bit emotional for a number of reasons and when things finally calmed down, all I wanted was "bad" food. So I ate Chef Boyardee Ravioli and an WW ice cream bar. Not the best dinner but I suppose it happens.

Saturday was wonderful! I went for a walk at Wash Park with Nicole and little Channing...it was so much fun and it was great to catch up with her and play with Channing (he is getting so big!). I also got in like 20 minutes of activity which was good. Kyle and I then went out to lunch. We went to Pho-natic...I couldn't kick my Vietnamese craving and after much thought, I realized that it really isn't bad for me (its basically grilled chicken, rice noodles, veggies, and fish sauce). The gigantic bowl you get was only 14 points and I ate it for two meals. We then ran some errands and in the middle of that, got some Starbucks (another craving I haven't been able to kick)...I got a Light Mocha Frap...so delicious and I couldn't taste the difference at all. Best treat I've had so far!

Yesterday was a "snacky" kind of day...we just kinda hung around the house and relaxed. I made these Grands! Ham and Cheese melts...they were really good, really heavy, and not really good for me. I also baked these chocolate coconut cookies that I found on WW. They were supposed to be vegan but it called for coconut oil which is REALLY expensive, so I substituted butter instead. They are pretty good but they aren't really cookie like. They have more of a cake texture and they didn't flatten out...but rather stayed in awkward little lumps. They are really small but are only 1 point a piece so they'll come in handy when I need a little chocolate fix.

Overall though, I'm pretty satisfied with my progress. Still spending an obscene amount of money on groceries and I still have a running grocery list at all times. But I'm happy with my progress and I'm hoping I'll get to my 30lbs mark by July 15...only 15 more pounds to go! :)

1 comment:

  1. *HAPPY FREAK OUT DANCE* way to go on the weight loss :) you rock! and starbucks newly expanded nonfat frap selection makes me happy :) If you get a small they have relatively few calories! an excellent treat! and you can send some quasi-vegan chocolate coconut lumps my way! lol keep it up steefipoo you are so freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete