Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A little frustrated...

So, here I am...halfway through my fourth week...and I'm a bit unhappy with my progress.

I mean, I have definitely made some changes in terms of my eating...and I am happy about those. But I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I follow my points...I track like a madman...and I try really hard to eat healthy things. But I still love to snack and I fear I am overeating. I am just really struggling with making healthy food choices but eating all of my points. I choose low-point items for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (most of the time) and I try to snack on fruits and veggies when I'm hungry. But then I realize I am left with tons of points. So I have tried to incorporate more snacks that have points like crackers, chex mix, veggie straws, etc. but then I fear that I am eating all the wrong things because these are not whole grain or low fat.

I also am having a hard time meeting some of my "Good Health Guidelines"...these are check marks you are supposed to hit daily (5 servings of veggies, 6 glasses of water, 2 servings of dairy, 2 servings of healthy oils, multivitamin, and 30 min of exercise). I hit the veggies, the water, and the vitamin nearly every day. But apparently a yogurt cup isn't a full serving of dairy...and neither is string cheese (which are my two dairy staples for the day). I have been trying to not add cheese because it is a lot of points and I don't generally like to drink a lot of milk. But I need to get my servings. Healthy oil is another hard one for me...they recommend putting in on veggies or salads or cooking with it...but it seems to be a difficult goal for me to reach. And exercise...geez...I just can't get in the swing of it. I didn't go Monday because my stomach was really bothering me. I went yesterday before my doctor appointment but I only lasted 15 minutes because my stomach hurt and I couldn't seem to catch my breath. I did 15 minutes on the Wii Fit yesterday as well but I really don't feel like I worked hard enough. I didn't go to the gym today because I woke up not feeling well (my throat aches and my stomach is still bugging me a bit) and it was rainy and dark out so my motivation to crawl out of bed an hour early was non-existent.

And top it all off with the fact that I had to go on a new kind of medication because what I was on is unhealthy because of my high BP...and apparently this has a lot of side-effects that I was not made aware of...one of which is heavy weight gain. Just what I need right now...

I'm just feeling really down on myself. I know I need to be positive. I know I need to keep pushing. And I know that things will get better. But right now...all I want to do is crawl under the covers and hide.

I am sick of feeling like a grump...

3 comments:

  1. Random question: are you still on pills of any sort? And not like medication pills, but diet pills? If you are, maybe you can cut that out. If your stomach hurts, and you can't function, you won't lose weight. It sounds like you are doing fantastic on food - WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more self control than I would ever have - but if you can't get the body moving, the metabolism won't kick in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't get yourself to exercise on any day, at least go for a good half hour walk at at good pace to get your heart going and not a lesiure pace. That is what I have been doing and it really helps. Jeff, Sofee and I go or just Sofee and I. Get Kyle to go with you, it is a good time to talk about the day etc.
    You are doing a good job, so quite talking yourself down. It isn't gonna happen in a short period, it takes time and patience.
    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garan...no I quit taking the diet pills about a week and a half in. I got really ill for about 3 days and I decided that I didn't like how they made me feel. I will actually be returning them this weekend. I decided if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it with hard work.

    I just need to really get in the swing of getting my body moving more often. Thanks for your support ladies! =)

    ReplyDelete