Friday, May 6, 2011

Its been a few days...

There hasn't been a lot of excitement this week...so I took a few days away from the blog to try to avoid feeling too repetitive. Although, it will probably sound pretty repetitive.

This week I have done pretty well. I skipped the gym on Wednesday morning because I slept through my alarm...Whoops! But I went again on Thursday...and once again, the little old man kicked my butt! He did about 15 minutes on the bike and then went and programmed in 50 minutes on the treadmill! I left before he completed (I was only there for 30 minutes) but I was impressed...and jealous. But I know the gym will start becoming easier for me as time goes on.

I ate pretty well all week...had some improvisational dinners but they were okay. I discovered my new favorite snack...cucumbers, tomatoes, and mushrooms cut up into bite size pieces and drizzled with a bit of light balsamic vinaigrette...mmmmm...so good! Tonight I am making spaghetti squash for the first time and am pretty excited...the recipe I found is a garlic-kielbasa spaghetti squash. It sounds delicious and I'm excited to try something completely new!

I'm going out dancing tomorrow night...which I'm super excited for...but I am also a bit nervous...it will be my first "experience" with alcohol since I started my diet. I know its okay to have fun and splurge every once in awhile...but I also need to try to keep track and that's where I know I will struggle. I know what kind of drinks I should have...and I know what kind of drinks I will WANT to have. I should have light beer...or gin and tonics...or rum and diet soda. What I want to have is long island ice teas, tequila sunrises, and cape cods. Plus...if we do shots (I don't know if we will or not)...how in the heck do I calculate points for the "girly" ones, especially when I generally don't even know whats in them?! I am probably over-reacting about the whole situation. I have saved all my bonus points for Saturday and I also have some activity points I can cash in...so I'm sure I'll be fine. Unless I'm confronted with drunken munchies...

I'll definitely update you on the weekend...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment