Thursday, May 26, 2011

Delicious Disaster

Yep, that's right...last night was a delicious disaster!

I originally planned to make ground turkey tacos for dinner last night...but Kyle's parents invited us over for dinner. Obviously we said yes...I mean, how could I say no to free food, fun people, and no cooking on my part?

Well, I had about 20pts left for the day...which is usually more than enough for dinner. I was prepared to eat whatever they were preparing, even if I had to skip bread or something. I was prepared, that is, until they announced that his mom was making fettuccini alfredo.

Oh my gosh...I swear my heart skipped a beat. Maryann's fettuccini is to DIE for. Seriously. It is all the bad things that taste oh so wonderful. She makes the sauce from scratch using butter, heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Then she tosses it with fresh pasta and crumbled up pieces of crisp bacon. Heaven.

So there I am, scrambling to decide whether or not I should skip the alfredo and just eat some salad (like that was really ever an option). Obviously, I had alfredo...and I did not skimp on the portion. Every single rich, creamy bite was worth every single calorie entering into my body.

I was then left to try and decide if I was going to track it and see the damage...or just pretend it didn't happen and hang my head in a pasta-driven shame.

I tracked it...and while I probably was way off on my portions (I said I ate 2 cups worth...but honestly I have no clue if that is right) and 1 1/2 slices of bacon (it was crumbled but I guess-timated). WW had fettuccini alfredo listed at 9pts per cup...I have no idea how the one on the site is prepared but I went with it because there was no way I was going to try and break apart the ingredients. I ended up eating something like 20pts just for the pasta. Totally and completely worth it.

I figure one night isn't going to kill me and as long as I don't let it get me off track on other days I'll be just fine.

I'm really happy that I actually let myself enjoy the meal rather than stress over it the whole time. And I learned that, no matter the diet or lifestyle change, I will always have a weakness for good pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment