Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I got shown up by a little old man...

I finally got my butt to the gym this morning...first time I've been in one since college (which is quite embarrassing to admit). As I was walking in, a little old man with a cane followed behind me. We exchanged pleasantries and then went to our individual work-outs. I hoped on a cross-trainer elliptical...he got on a stationary bike. I was there...huffing and puffing my way through 20 minutes...while he busted out 15 minutes on the bike and moved himself to an elliptical machine. I had to leave after only 20 minutes because I got a later start than originally planned (turns out my body does NOT enjoy functioning an hour earlier than normal)...and this little old man was still truckin' through. My new goal...beat this old man!

I was really excited that I made it to the gym today. And yesterday I did pretty well. We made sesame chicken for dinner from a WW recipe...it was not very good...it was way too "gingery" and it called for maple syrup which made it too sweet. I would use it again but I want to find a way to make it more spicy...less sweet...and way less ginger. I did do a little snacking when we got home cause dinner was taking forever...but I still did okay.

I am trying not the get discouraged that I am not seeing the results of my work...I mean...I know its way too early to see results but I want to so badly. 10 lbs down and I still feel just as fat as I did two weeks ago. I know it takes time...and I'm trying really hard to be patient.

I'm really happy I got to the gym...and I plan on keeping it up.
I learned that it is never too early...or too late...to get and stay in shape!

1 comment:

  1. YAY stephy! Sometimes day 1 is the hardest at the gym. well that's maybe a lie - sometimes day 2 is hard :) but honestly, i've found that i notice more results when i work out. instead of feeling skinny, which... let's face it i never really do!... I feel stronger and I can measure the results better (like last week I ran/walked a mile in 16 minutes but today it's 15:50 or something... it seems small but measurable non the less!!) but with just dieting the only way i can really measure is w/ weight loss! There you have it: my daily ramble! Lots of love and support flying your way sistah!

    ReplyDelete