Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cravings...and cupcakes...

So yesterday one of my co-workers brought in cupcakes for the owner's birthday that his fiance made. She owns a cake business and her cake and cupcakes are wonderful. Anyway...these cupcakes aren't ordinary cupcakes...one was a white chocolate raspberry cupcake with a Chambord soak...the other was a tiramisu cupcake with chocolate cover espresso bean. Yum, right? Well...I resisted. I was taunted all day by co-workers talking about how wonderful they are (one even telling me that I was stupid for not having one and intentionally eating it in front of me to be spiteful) and I was taunted by the cupcakes themselves as I walked past them multiple times. But I managed to resist and I did not have one. I was quite proud of myself. It wasn't so much that I couldn't "afford" the points of the cupcake...it was more to prove to myself that I have enough will-power to walk away from food that I don't NEED.

But today...I have some serious cravings that I am struggling to suppress. First...I want this amazing Vietnamese chicken noodle bowl at this place called Pho-natic. I had never had Vietnamese before a few months back when the company I work for all went out to lunch there for a birthday celebration. Let me tell you...its amazing! Cool, soft rice noodles, perfectly grilled and seasoned chicken, fresh veggies, and this amazing fish sauce (I don't know what it is exactly...nor do I understand why I like it cause I don't enjoy fish...but it is sweet and delicious)...all mixed up to make a wonderful, light, yummy lunch.

I also really want Starbucks. I want a gigantic mocha frap...or an iced caramel latte...mmmmm. I haven't had Starbucks in forever and there are "skinny" options that are fewer points but I still shouldn't indulge like that.

Honestly...the only real thing that is keeping me from indulging on both these things is money. But that excuse is starting to wane...I'm finding ways around it and that is BAD! But we are going to be downtown all evening because we have free tickets to the Comedy Works...and we won't be able to go home for dinner because the show starts at 8pm...and Pho-natic is only a block away from where I work...and there is a Starbucks just as close. Ahh...first time since on WW that I am really craving food but let me tell you...its killer.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the cupcake resistance! and please tell me you slapped that bitch across the face? Hold out my friend and ask yourself "is the second of 'food-joy' worth the guilt or bad feelings that will follow"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed about you resisting the cupcakes! That's so great!

    And I understand the craving thing. I gave up Starbucks (and, actually, all drinks but water) for Lent and it was the longest 40 days ever. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete