Thursday, May 12, 2011

Daily Point Distribution and New Goals...

With my current number of points (45) per day, I need to be distributing as such (or as close as possible):

Breakfast: 7 points
Lunch: 12 points
Dinner: 16 points
Snacks: 5 points each (twice a day)

I am going to start posting how my points distribute out in hopes that I will learn to balance more.
Today my points are set out (thus far) as follows:

Breakfast: 6 points
Lunch: 16 points
Dinner: ? Its Grey's Anatomy tonight so my dinners tend to not be as planned on Thursdays.
Snacks: 3 points (as planned...I haven't eaten them yet, and I also have the option to add another 3 points if I am hungry and fruit isn't satisfying me).

I'm doing better today than I have been because my lunch is pretty high on points.

I also have a few short term goals that I want to hit.

First, my goal is to start choosing "healthier" snacks that are higher in fiber and protein and not just senseless carbs. I plan on purchasing some hummus and pita bread, peanuts, celery and peanut butter, and avocado to help boost my snacks.

Second, I want to lose 30 pounds (total...so 20 more to go) by July 15th.

Third, I want to buy a new pair of jeans by July that are at least one size smaller than my current ones. I ripped one of my two pairs of jeans that I own last night but I am going to try and repair them because I refuse to purchase more clothing at my size. Hopefully I will hit my goal by July so I can buy something new before my trip.

And last but not least, I want to go to the gym 5 mornings a week. I know I said that previously but I think I just need to reiterate it for myself because I have obviously been struggling with that. I'm also hoping for warm weather this weekend so Kyle and I can go for a walk at the park!

So that's my update for the day...these are my new goals. Fingers crossed I keep my determination and motivation!

1 comment:

  1. I think those are excellent goals! And I think it's really helpful to have them all listed out like that. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete