Monday, May 16, 2011

Weigh-In #4

Weight-loss for week 4: 2.6 lbs
Total weight-loss: 13.5 lbs

So I am pretty happy with last weeks results...way better than week 3! My weight is steadily decreasing and while I sometimes wish more would come off, I know I should be proud of what I've accomplished so far.

I did really well with my food last week and I found a lot of support on the WW message boards. The people on there offer great advice and have helped me with a lot of questions that I just couldn't find the answers to. I managed to get in my healthy oils the last few days which is great and I've been rocking the healthy choices.

I have been spending a LOT of money on groceries though...its been really difficult. It has definitely but some serious dents in my bank account (I'm spending at least $100 a week...I dropped almost $200 this weekend). I know part of it is I am still adjusting to the diet, figuring out what staples I need to have in my house, and stocking up on good foods (so I am prepared if there is a week or two when I can't afford groceries). But fruits and veggies are really expensive too...especially because you have to replenish constantly in order to keep fresh food around. While I am okay with spending the money because I want to do this right...I fear I may hit a point where I can't afford it anymore.

I was pretty proud of myself yesterday...I rocked it in the food category. Weekends tend to be especially difficult for me because if I am home watching movies or TV with Kyle, my snacking habits kick in. I also tend to have a hard time reaching my fruits and veggies. Well, yesterday was no problem. I had a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter and a cup of coffee for breakfast. An awesome salad with roast beef, feta, tons of veggies, and balsamic vinaigrette. Snacks included fruit, hummus with pita and carrots, and some WW ice cream bars. For dinner I made turkey burgers (first attempt at burgers...ever...did pretty well) and home-made chili fries (with chili powder and cumin). I messed up the fries a bit because I poured the excess coating over them before baking and it caused them to stick to the pan really bad...but they still tasted good. I was really proud of my day!

Exercise is still difficult for me. I have been so so tired this last week. I'm not sure if it has to do with my body getting used to my new medication or if its the weather or what. But hopefully I'll get into gear this week.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my progress. I'm getting into the swing of my diet more and realizing that this is not a diet of a lifestyle change. I learned that I am making a permanent change for the better in my life. And I am so unbelievably happy that I have some AMAZING people in my life supporting me!

PS...if you left comments on my previous posts...thank you...I did not delete them. For some reason, blogspot.com decided the erase almost all my comments...which really bums be out because I looked back on them for encouragement. But your support is very appreciated! :)

3 comments:

  1. way to go steph! keep it up! i love you and i'm so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing wonderful! As far a snacking on the weekend, you need to try popcorn the way I told you. You can buy that microwave popcarn device for under $20.00 at Walmart. Then you just need popcorn kernals, Kroger Butter Flavored Spray and salt. I am not sure what the points are for popcorn, but I know last time it was not much for five cups, which is what the device makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually bought a big box of 100 Calorie packs of the 94% fat free microwaveable popcorn. It only cost like $8, it is a perfect serving, and its only 2 points.

    ReplyDelete