Friday, April 29, 2011

Sick...

So yesterday was interesting...I was within my points...and made decent food choices...but I was also sick...

For breakfast yesterday I had a banana and a granola bar. I was feeling kind of funny during the late morning and my stomach was aching but by the time lunch rolled around I figured I was just in need of food (usually I have some fruit or veggies between breakfast and lunch but I did not yesterday). For lunch I had some left over "stir-fry" and a string cheese. My stomach was starting to really feel funny at that point and I was all shaky and almost dizzy. I thought maybe I had let my blood sugar get too low so I ate a yogurt as well. I was still feeling pretty icky when I got back to my desk and, sure enough, about thirty minutes later I was getting sick in the bathroom. That occurred 2 more times in the next 45 minutes so at that point I went home.

When I got home, I lasted for about 2 hours and then was sick again. I didn't get sick for a few more hours and my stomach was grumbly so Kyle and I went and picked up some Subway for a late dinner. I ate my whole sandwich but afterwards I wasn't feeling so hot. I didn't get sick again but I did go straight to bed.

So yesterday was a bit of a toss up...technically I consumed most of my points...but I also lost them later...so we'll see.

Today I still feel a bit ill and my stomach is doing a lot of not-happy somersaults...which has, thus far, limited my food consumption. Fingers crossed, I'll make it through the day without getting sick again.

I am happy that I have managed to stay on track this week and am even happier that I am going to be attempting a new WW recipe tonight of sesame chicken.

I learned that if I am ever nauseous or sick to my stomach...most people jump to pregnancy!! Grr...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph I saw the comment you left on a common blog we follow. I was intrigued so I came to see what your personal journey was. I can relate to you, it's scary how similar I feel and think. I too tried WW online, but unlike you, I couldn't stick to it. Having that much freedom to choose my foods was too easy for me to go overboard with the portions. I never was able to convert my home made food to points either, I give yu a lot of credit for going strng with this program. I look forward to reading more. I also give you so muc credit for sharing your journey with people in your life. I don't know how you do it, Im so scared to

    ReplyDelete