Monday, April 25, 2011

Weigh-In #1

Well folks...I weighed myself today for my first weigh in after starting my new "regime"...and I lost 7.3 lbs.

Now...I do need to add a bit of a disclosure to this weight result...I did change the way I weigh in which could have an effect on my weight this time. The first time I weighed myself was last Sunday evening at about 9pm. I had placed my Wii Fit board on two wooden boards (one under each side) to help stabalize it on the carpet and weighed myself that way. I realized though that it wasn't quite as stable as I wanted it to be so I have now started to do my body tests by placing the board in our entry way. It is linoleum so there is no concern about the stability issue like there is with carpet. I also changed my weigh-in day to Mondays because I didn't like the idea of my weekly points reseting on Sundays. I weighed myself at about 7:45am this morning and will continue to do it this way. But weighing myself at different times of day can change my results...sometimes as much as +/- 2lbs. I know that starting off inconsitent wasn't the best practice but I changed it so I can get the most accurate readings possible. I will remain consistent with time and location from here on out.

That being said...I am happy with my results. I know a lot of it is probably water weight and the inconsistency may be contributing. But either way...the number on the scale did not go up. This is so awesome considering I was disappointed in myself for some of my choices this week.

Yesterday was rough...I basically ignored my diet completely. I ate all kinds of food...candy...soda...cheese...and other bad things for me. I got caught up in the holiday and resorted back to my old habits. While I am a little disappointed that I didn't take more care...I am using this as a lesson to remember that slip ups won't derail me and this is just going to motivate me to work hard this week to stay on track.

I've learned that I can make progress, even if I have a few slip ups.

I am happy that my number went down!!

1 comment:

  1. Steph, you celebrate that number! Especially after a somewhat indulgent weekend, your weight would not fluctuate down that much "accidentally." So stop making excuses and be HAPPY about it!!! You earned it!

    ReplyDelete