Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tough weekend...and I'm only 1 day in...

So I'm now in the middle of the weekend that I've both been looking forward to and slightly dreading.

My parents came into town last night and I'm really glad we get to spend some time together. I don't get to see them often (last visit was over Christmas) so each time we get together, I really enjoy it. Anyway...I knew this weekend was going to be tough on my diet. It is really difficult to remain diligent when company is in town...especially when it is a holiday weekend.

Today was  okay...I didn't make the best food choices but I remained within my points so I suppose that is good at least. We went to Red Robin for lunch with Shannon (which was awesome because my mom finally got to meet my best friend) and I knew that was going to be a challenge for me. I have a WEAKNESS for french fries...as my mother...they are my comfort food. If I'm sick...I want potatoes in the french fried form please. Its been that way since I was a kid. Anyway...I debated and scrutinized the menu and had a really hard time. I ended up ordering a teriyaki chicken sandwich minus the mayo (though I still had cheese)...and I got fries. I should have ordered melon instead but I didn't. When I got home to calculate my points I was at 29 just from lunch (I didn't eat breakfast...which was another bad move on my part). For dinner we got pre-made baked chicken and some sides from the grocery store because we were out and about too late to cook and eat in a reasonable amount of time. I had one chicken breast which, according to WW is 5 points...but the seasoning that they put on it was extremely salty so I may have been off a bit. I also had a bit of coleslaw but passed on the baked beans and rolls. I still have 5 points left so I plan on having some low fat cottage cheese and cantaloupe as "dessert"...even though its way too late to be consuming food.

I am not super ashamed of my progress today, though I know I could've done better. But tomorrow...man...tomorrow is going to be rough to say the very least.

We are going to Toast for breakfast...a fabulous restaurant that makes AMAZING eggs benedict. Then we are going to Kyle's family's house for dinner...with all the trimmings. I just don't know how much will power I have. I mean, I have all my "bonus points" for the week left and I have a few activity points if I need to trade them in. But overall...I'm not sure how much I want to hold back. I mean...obviously I want to stick with my diet and be careful. But I also want to enjoy my day...my family...and the food that we only get to eat a few times a year.

I guess I'll just take tomorrow as it comes and hope I make decent choices.

1 comment:

  1. Just hang in there and think of the end result and you will do fine.

    ReplyDelete