Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Zumba

So, I got myself out of bed this morning about 45 minutes early (which was extremely difficult) so I could try out the Zumba game for my Wii. I have friends who have taken Zumba classes and people post about it all over WW boards...so I figured I'd give it a try. I love to dance and I need to be more active...it was worth a shot...

Let me tell you...it kicked my ass!

I did the 20 minuted beginners "class"...and after about 8 minutes I thought I was going to die. I was sweating like crazy and it was exhausting. Mind you, I'm sure my lack of activity made it much harder than it would be for relatively "fit" people...but phew...it was intense. I stuck it out through the full 20 minutes and I was pretty proud of myself.

I am definitely going to make this into a routine. I am considering doing cardio in the gym M,W,F; Zumba in the mornings T, Th; weight training in the gym T, Th; and then evening walks  M,W,F...I haven't laid everything out for sure yet but this is what I want to get to eventually...

Things are looking up...maybe the gain I had is what I needed to kick my butt into gear (too bad I'm sore as hell lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment