Monday, June 13, 2011

Weigh-In #8

Weight loss this week: +.4 lbs
Total weight loss so far: 23.2 lbs

Okay...so I am totally and completely bummed. I gained this week for the first time since starting the program and I am really disappointed. I know its only half a pound and I shouldn't let it get me down...but man...this sucks. I've been trying to prepare myself for weeks of maintenance and gains because that is part of losing weight (WW talks about this all the time)...and I thought I would be okay when that happened. And while I haven't broken down or completely lost faith, I am extremely disappointed in myself.

I've been told that I just need to pick myself back up, analyze what I can improve upon, and move forward. But honestly...I didn't feel like last week was terrible. In fact, I thought I did pretty well. I managed to turn down an ice cream sandwich, pizza, and a chocolate cookie at work last week. I worked hard to get all my GHG's in and make healthy snack choices. I measured and tracked everything.

Although, I suppose I should admit that there are a few things that I need to improve on. My activity is probably the biggest. I have been downright lazy. Not working out in the morning. Not working out at night. And maybe my body finally decided that watching what I eat isn't enough anymore. I'm hoping I can turn my disappointment into motivation to get active. I also was a wreck this weekend. I ate...and ate...and ate some more. I tracked everything and I stayed within my points (but I used more weekly points than I had the whole program with the exception of Easter weekend)...but I had more sodium (pita chips, tortilla chips, and peanuts) and less veggies (I desperately need to go grocery shopping but I'm poor until Thursday) and water than I know I should. Still...I didn't think I was totally out of control. Ugh...

I'm just going to try and straighten up and get motivated this week. I am facing a few challenges though. Wednesday is Kyle's birthday but we aren't celebrating until Friday. Friday evening we are having a BBQ at his parents' house. I'm not super concerned about the food (I will be bringing my own point-friendly food) but there will be alcohol and I do intend on drinking (its his birthday and I want to celebrate with him and his friends). I plan on trying to just do vodka with point-friendly mixers (I think I might make some Crystal Light or something since its free)...but alcohol adds up really fast. So if I manage to survive that, Sunday is Denver Pride! I go every year and its always fun...and every year our whole group goes out for Mexican food at the Blue Bonnet. Think free chips and salsa, margaritas, and very unhealthy food. I've pretty much avoided eating out since starting the program (partially because I'm poor and partially because it requires a lot of thought and consideration) and Mexican is not really where I wanted to start out. Its going to require a LOT of pre-planning and even more self control. I just worry I'm going to wind up with another gain next week. I had expected and even "planned" on having a rough weigh-in next week because of my weekend plans...but that was before my gain this week. I guess I'll just have to do the best I can.

2 comments:

  1. It's all water. Drink a little extra water and cut down on your carbs for the next day or two--starches hold water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salt will also cause you to retain water - and since you ate pita chips, tortilla chips and peanuts, which are all loaded with salt - it stands to reason that you may have retained more water than you normally do. Take Leanne's advice and try to drink tons of water. Also, when you go out to dinner this weekend, try to drink a lot of water before you eat - it will fill you up so maybe you won't eat as much. You can do it Steph - we all have faith in you!!

    ReplyDelete