Monday, June 20, 2011

Weigh-In #9

Weight loss this week: 0 lbs
Total weight loss so far: 23.2 lbs

Not happy but not surprised either. It was a rough week and I'm just trying to be happy that I didn't gain again. Maintaining is better than gaining.

This weekend was both a disaster and an accomplishment...

Friday night was a MESS! We forgot the hot dogs that I had purchased specially to help with my points at home...meaning I had to eat something that was less point friendly. I ended up having a hamburger and a little bit of pasta salad. Dinner wasn't too bad...but then the alcohol started kicking in. I drank 25 points (approximately...I didn't measure because...well...I have no excuse) worth of vodka and being that I don't drink much anymore, I was fairly intoxicated. Being drunk, my control over eating fluttered away for awhile. I had Sun Chips (not the worst chip for you but still, a chip) but I obviously didn't measure. Then I had a hot dog (one of Kyle's Nathans Hot Dogs...which are 8 points including the bun) at like midnight. Bad news bears. I tried my best to calculate and track my points on Saturday morning...and from what I guess-timated...I consumed approximately 58 points Friday night. Thankfully I had enough weekly points to cover it.

Saturday was okay...I was not feeling my best thanks to the copious amounts of alcohol that was ingested the night before. I had an interview for a part time tutoring position at 1pm...and I got it! So now, on top of working at ID Watchdog, I will be tutoring a 1st grade for an hour a night, 5 days a week, in reading and writing. I'm excited to get to do something that is somewhat related to my degree but it is going to be an adjustment adding an hour of work at the end of my already long days. But it is extra money and good experience so I'm sure the adjustment will be worth it. Eating on Saturday was okay...remained relatively healthy but I actually left 13 points at the end of the day because I just wasn't hungry and couldn't think of anything else to eat.

Sunday actually went significantly better than I had anticipated. I woke up early for Pride and I made myself an egg white scramble with spinach, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and a garlic-herb Laughing Cow cheese. I threw in some olive oil so I could check off my oil and not worry about it for the rest of the day. I was glad that I ate a good sized breakfast so I was okay until lunch time. We went to the Blue Bonnet as planned and I had an easier time making a good food choice than I thought I would. While I edited the crap out of my meal (to our waiter's dismay), I was able to eat relatively healthily. I had two plain grilled chicken tacos (no cheese, sour cream, or guacamole...it was supposed to come with grilled peppers and onions but because I took so much off, I think the cooks just assumed I wanted it plain)...I asked for corn tortillas instead of flour...and I got black beans instead of refried. When I got the meal, it had 4 tortillas but I only ate 2. I put salsa, lettuce, and a little bit of black beans and enjoyed. I didn't touch the chips or the rice and I only ate about 1/3 of the beans. I was super proud of myself. When I got home, the healthy eating continued. I had some almonds and some chips and salsa for snacks. For dinner I made a turkey wrap with some center cut bacon, light ranch, and cheese and some roasted zucchini and squash. I had a WW ice cream bar as desert and a glass of chocolate milk before bed. Overall, I did well and I am happy about that.

While I haven't been satisfied with my weigh-in results the last two weeks, it has upped my resolve a bit. I got up this morning and did my Zumba game after I weighed myself. I am going to make sure that I continue to get some regular exercise and work the plan the way I'm supposed to. I know that if I keep at it, the weight will continue to fall off...I just hope I can hit my 30lb goal before July 20th!

1 comment: