Thursday, June 23, 2011

Super busy week...

This week has been nuts! I feel like I don't have time to breathe, let alone run errands or spend time with Kyle or friends...

I started my new tutoring job on Monday evening. I go every night from 8pm-9pm and tutor a 5 year old in reading and writing. It is an okay gig...doesn't pay much but it's extra money and the kid really needs the help. I'm not sure his parents know just how far behind he really is...and I'm not sure how to tell them. I just hope the work I do with him this summer will at least put him on an okay track for 1st grade.

I worked out on Monday morning and swore to myself that I would do it everyday this week...and like past weeks...I failed. Tuesday and Wednesday I had some early morning "meetings" (hopefully there will be more on that later this week or early next week) that would have required me to get up at 5:30am to do Zumba. I'm sorry...but I just don't function that early. I was going to get up and do it today but I woke up with a migraine...potentially from the lawn care people mowing and weed-whacking right outside my window at 6am! I plan on at least trying to get it done tomorrow morning so I can say I did more this week than last.

I have done really well with food this week. I have eaten low amounts of overly processed food and really taken to trying to get in veggies and well balanced meals. Since discovering that I can make delicious, low-point ranch dip from yogurt and ranch mix, I have been eating a lot more raw veggies which is really good. I actually need to replenish my refrigerator but I am waiting until Sunday or Monday to do so since I'll be out of town this weekend.

I have made two pretty kick ass meals this week. It is hard to cook now considering I only have an hour from when I get home from work til I have to leave for tutoring and then I don't get home until almost 9:30pm. So I can try to make something quickly (which is hard when you are trying to stay healthy), make dinner when I get home and not eat until after 10:30pm (which is usually when I try to get in bed), or make Kyle do prep (which is okay but I like cooking). But we're making it work. Monday I make BBQ Turkey Joes...basically its ground turkey, BBQ sauce, and cayenne pepper...I put them on the huge whole wheat hamburger buns...they were so good! Kyle wanted me to make them again last night! Tuesday we just did whatever (I had leftovers, Kyle had cereal). Yesterday, thanks to Kyle doing 95% of the work, we had baked turkey chimichangas. Ground turkey, fat free refried beans, cheese, salsa, green chilies, and spices. Cook it all together, place into flour tortillas, and bake until crispy. I had mine with some reduced fat sour cream. They were delicious and super filling. I think tonight is going to have to be another "whatever" night because we have to go to the store (Kyle needs at least one pair of pants that don't have holes all over them), I have to tutor, and then we have to clean and pack.

We're heading to Carbondale tomorrow after work to visit my parents. My mom's birthday is Saturday and my grandparents are going to be in town. So we'll spend the weekend up there. My whole family knows I'm on WW so I'm hoping eating won't be a problem. I'll just make a strong effort to make healthy choices no matter what is offered. I do have almost all my weekly points still but I don't want to dip into those more than I need to, especially with the last two weeks of crappy weigh-ins.

I know I'm on the right track and I know where I need to improve. I just need to adjust my schedule and make it work for me. I need to take the time to take care of myself.

4 comments:

  1. I'm hungry just thinking about your yummy meals! You should try setting smaller work out goals... instead of going from nothing to working out 6 or 7 days a week, try working out 2x this week and next... then try three and just build yourself up. Otherwise you set yourself up for failure, and that is never a good feeling :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good idea. I think I'll try that. I'll work out twice this week (I'm determined to do it tomorrow) and then go from there. Thanks Beef! You always help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your meals sound delish. Im in the middle of baking my late lunch right now, chicken stuffed with nonfat cream cheese seasoned with garlic salt pepper and turkey bacon. i may have to try out your chimmichangas when I get into my next phase.

    working out is a chore, i totally understand where youre coming from when yu say that you promise yourself but it never works. I'm working on that one now. *yawn*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting exercise done is so hard. Sometimes I wish I worked on a farm so it would just be a part of my day, you know?

    Good luck with the tutoring job, if he's going into the 1st grade I'm sure he's just a late bloomer and can start to learn reading and writing soon. Boys especially can have trouble with that stuff when they're young.

    ReplyDelete