Friday, June 17, 2011

Emotional Eating

The dreaded emotional eater in me has come out to play this week...

I've been working really hard to keep her suppressed and move forward without allowing her to rear her ugly head but unfortunately...she got the best of me this week.

Tuesday night...I had Taco Bell. It had been a really really bad evening and by the time I even thought about dinner it was 10pm. I had plenty of points and even after gorging on two burritos, I still had 3 points left over. But I didn't get my GHG's in for the day (I was missing dairy and oils...the most difficult for me to get in) and when I was finished I felt like hell. My stomach hurt, my head hurt, and I was generally unhappy. The emotional eating didn't do its job...

Wednesday was another rough day...and while my work day was okay in terms of food choices, it went down the drain at night. It was Kyle's birthday and we went to his parents' for dinner. And what did they make...fettuccine alfredo with french bread. There wasn't even a salad I could fill up on. And of course, because I was down and wanted nothing more than to numb myself with food, I ate a large serving of pasta and a huge piece of bread. Not good.

Yesterday was better...but I still wasn't as on track as I would have liked to have been. The day was good...I made my own ranch with low-fat plain yogurt and ranch mix (only 2pts for about 3 Tbsp) and I ate very little processed food. But it was payday and I had a TON of errands to run after work because I won't have time this weekend. So, by the time we were done with all the shopping and what not, it was 9pm. So we grabbed Subway...a decent choice for eating out but still not as healthy as cooking for myself would have been.

I fear for tonight. Its Kyle's birthday party and we are going to be drinking. I have found some solutions to try and keep my point intake under control but I fear that my control will dissipate as I consume more liquor. I am mixing vodka with Crystal Light because then I only have to count points for the actual alcohol and not the mixer. We are grilling and I purchased some 97% fat free Beef hot dogs and whole wheat buns which will make the whole hot dog (bun, dog, and condiments) only about 3-4 points each...so that isn't too bad. I have saved almost all my weekly points for tonight so I know I am fairly safe. But points or not, it will not be a healthy evening.

Sunday is Pride...and while I am excited...its going to be a challenge (as I mentioned before). I have scoured the Blue Bonnet's menu online and I am going to have to be one of the annoying people who orders a specialized dish in order to consume something even remotely point friends. Shannon already promised she would keep me away from the chips and I am going to make sure I eat a good breakfast in the hopes I won't be totally famished by lunch. I just hope I manage to save some points after tonight to cover me on Sunday.

Lets just say that even though I've stayed within my points this week (so far) it has not been my proudest few days. I am really nervous to step on the scale on Monday. But I know I just have to brush this week off and move forward with my life. I just hope the damage isn't too extensive...

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just found your blog on the big ol' interwebs.

    I have the same problem with emotional eating, except it seems to be everyday with me. I think if you want to be able to stick to your plan you shouldn't beat yourself up too much when youre at someone's house and you have no other choices than what theyre serving.

    My favorite cocktail is vodka tonic with lime, yum. It's dry so it may not trigger you to snack or drink too quickly. Or maybe a cosmo with diet cranberry juice.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete