Monday, June 27, 2011

Weigh-In #10

Weight loss this week: 3.3 lbs
Total weight loss so far: 26.5 lbs

So I am absolutely thrilled about my weigh-in this week! I'm only 3.5lbs away from my 30lb goal and I can't wait to hit that! I wanted to get there by July 18th which leaves me with 3 more weeks. So as long as I can lose, I should hit it with no problem. And then I get to go have my hair cut!! Woot!!

I was at my parents' house this weekend and had a nice time visiting with them and my grandparents. I was worried about my food intake (even though my family is aware of my WW involvement) but it actually went really well. I packed a wrap for dinner for the drive on Friday so there was no temptation to stop for fast food. Saturday I didn't really eat breakfast (I had a banana) but I made a chicken sandwich and some carrots and hummus for lunch. We went and saw Mr. Popper's Penguins and I managed to resist the tub of popcorn that my mom got (though it smelled delicious). I did allow myself a treat and got a bag of M&M's at the grocery story beforehand. I only ate about half the bag (which turned out to be 2 servings...I got a "share it" bag I guess) but I was still proud because I previously could have eaten a giant bag without even thinking. We went to Tequilas for dinner and I ordered chicken fajitas and a light beer (everyone else got margaritas). I got corn tortillas and I didn't touch the rice or beans. I had 3 tortillas and ate the chicken and veggies with some salsa and a tiny bit of sour cream (not even a tablespoon total). The food was okay (really really oily) but I was proud of my choices. I didn't get all my GHG's in either of those days but I was actually under points.

Yesterday I did really well too...I had eggs scrambled with veggies and laughing cow cheese for breakfast. Some almonds for a snack (and another serving of M&M's) and a grilled cheese and turkey sandwich for lunch. For dinner I made the BBQ Turkey Joes again (quick and easy) with sauteed zucchini and squash and roasted red potatoes. SUPER filling dinner. I then made a "milkshake" for dessert...frozen bananas, milk, and chocolate syrup.

I am attempting to recommit myself to working out this week. But instead of saying I'll do all 5 days and then being really disappointed in myself, I am committing to at least 2 days (I'm going to try for more) and then I'll up the days as I go. I really need to get into the working out routine. Eating better is important but I need to get off my ass and move. I've been so tired lately and I know that working out will give me more energy.

Here's to another hopeful week!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Resisting the popcorn at a movie sounds hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. I feel the same way about exercise. I was really into it a few months ago, i went for two hours a day 5 days a week. then i lost it and have yet to regain it. I feel your struggle. but good job this week and I hope to hear you have a new hair style in the next few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete