Monday, June 6, 2011

Weigh-In #7

Weight loss this week: 6.8 lbs
Total weight loss so far: 23.6 lbs

Okay...so part of me wants to be really really excited about the amount I lost this week. Almost 7lbs is HUGE. But a bigger part of me is scared. According to WW, a healthy rate of loss is between .5-2lbs per week. Obviously that fluctuates some weeks but this is a big fluctuation. I even weighed myself twice to make sure that my Wii didn't make a mistake.

There are a couple of reasons this could have happened. I have been sick for the last week or so. While I was feeling a bit better last week starting Tuesday, I still wasn't completely myself. I ate my points almost every day but I didn't eat as many weeklies as I usually do. Also, I may have been a little dehydrated...I didn't drink nearly as much water as I usually do this weekend so that could have played a role as well. But these things seem unlikely to cause me to have such a huge drop. I didn't exercise last week or really do anything differently...so why such a significant loss?

I have been having some stomach issues...nothing outrageous...just aches and some other small things. So, being the paranoid person that I am, I'm thinking there might be something wrong with me. Stomach issues kind of run in my family; my uncle had Crohn's Disease (which is terrible and can cause you to lose a lot of weight quickly). There are also issues with Diabetes and thyroid problems. I dunno...I'm probably stressing myself out of nothing. But if my loss next week is this big again, I will be going to the doctor to get tested...particularly for Crohn's.

Ugh...I wish my weight loss wasn't plagued with such worrisome thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment