Monday, July 4, 2011

Weigh-In #11

Weight loss this week: 3.1 lbs
Total weight loss so far: 29.6 lbs

So I am super excited about my weigh in this week. I actually almost forgot to weigh myself this morning because I had to be at work an hour and a half earlier than usual. But when I hopped on the scale, I was shocked. I almost anticipated a gain this week because I ate out a LOT last week. I had Subway, Noodles&Co, Red Robin, and Qdoba! Not exactly good for my salt intake. When I wasn't eating out, I did really well with my eating habits but I thought all that sodium might hit me hard. But now I am only .4 lbs away from my 30 lb goal! A much needed haircut is definitely in the near future!

I start the C25K program this week and I am really excited. My friend Beth has decided to do the Dirty Girl Mud Run with me and now I'm even more excited for it! The more I thought about it and my fears, I realized it was stupid to let my insecurities get in my way. I've been doing that my entire life. This is a lifestyle change for me and letting go of my fears is definitely a change that needs to be made! So, I will be looking for sponsors to help cover my registration fee...I'm considering adding a link to my Paypal account on here so you can donate directly...but until then...if anyone wants to sponsor me, just let me know :)

More exciting news has come my way...on Friday, I was offered a job at GOAL Academy! GOAL is an online, alternative high school charter school. I will be the academic counselor for about 40-50 at-risk high school students. I'll be their main point of contact, the person they go to if they need help, and I'll be in charge of monitoring their progress and keeping them on track. It will be a HUGE change of pace from what I've been doing for the last year and a half. I'm so unbelievably excited to start getting involved in education. While my degree is elementary based, I really think I will do well in this. It feels like I've been searching for an education related job for forever and one finally worked out!

I will be a little sad to leave my ID Watchdog peeps. While this job has not been my ideal, I have had the pleasure of working with some awesome people and they will be missed. My boss, Rick, could not have been more congratulatory or kind (even though I was only able to give a weeks notice...training starts July 11th) and I am so grateful for that!

Things are definitely going well and I am thrilled. I'm excited to start my new exercise program and even more excited to start my new job! Crazy changes are coming my way!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you honey, both for the new job and the weight loss. It is not easy being on a diet and you are doing so well. Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete