Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ouch!

I don't know if it is because I ran for the first time in...well...I don't even know how long...last night.

I don't know if its because I slept in Kyle's parents bed for the last two nights (and I don't find it very comfortable).

Maybe its a combination of the two.

But whatever it is...I hurt! My shoulders, neck, back, and legs are all yelling obscenities at me...

I did my first day of C25K last night and I am ashamed to admit it kind of kicked my butt. The first week, you do 20 minutes of alternating walking (90 seconds) and jogging (60 seconds) for 3 days. Should have been easy, right? Running for a minute at a time...psshh...no big deal. I wish! I felt like I got run over by a truck in the best way. I was bummed that it was so difficult for me but I was really proud of myself for actually doing it, considering my desire to go to the gym at 8:30pm was non-existent.

I'm really hoping the running gets easier...and I want to pick up my walking pace too. I need to get better shoes though. The ones I have are cheapy gym shoes from Target that I bought like 4 years ago. Not exactly the best running shoes. They make my feet hurt like crazy! Unfortunately...running shoes are really expensive. I may have to find a way to earn some extra cash or beg it out of my dad or something. Because running a 5K in the shoes I have now will be beyond miserable.

Tonight is going to be day 2...same thing again...lets hope I don't die...

1 comment:

  1. It gets easier and it gets harder =D I saw this quote that said something like 90% of running is mental and it's so true. When I'm like "ugh I don't wanna run, I just wanna sit around" then the run seems so much harder and so much more painful! but if I'm amped then the run is easier! Plus once you get through the first 5-10 min of the workout the pain tends to subside (for me anyway).

    OH and on the shoe issue. Do it. Get good shoes. Spend the extra few bucks and go to a running store where they will fit you. The specialty stores really aren't that much more expensive (they just never seem to have sales) and they measure your feet and watch you walk/run so they know what type of shoe you need. getting the wrong shoe will make you more sore, more painful when you run and more likely to get injured. So there's my soap box :)
    http://www.boulderrunningcompany.com/
    http://www.runnersroost.com/
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-running-stores-in-the-denver-area/
    There is also one in Carbondale if you're in the hood :)

    Oh and last thing :) Here's a link to a bunch of good articles on running! http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/running-center.asp

    ReplyDelete