Monday, July 11, 2011

Weigh-In #12

Weight loss this week: +.4lbs
Total weight loss so far: 29.2 lbs

Ya...I gained. But honestly...it didn't upset me as much as I it did last time. I think I've learned that gains happen...no matter how good my diet is going. My body is going to fluctuate and I can't let that derail me.

With that said...I am a little bummed I gained this week. I was so hoping to hit my 30 lb goal this week so I could go get my hair cut. But still...29 lbs in 12 weeks is great...way more than I anticipated. And hopefully I'll hit my goal next week!

Last week was a little crazy. Kyle had to watch his nephew until Wednesday which caused a huge change in our schedule. It messed up dinner plans...changed how I was preparing my lunch...and messed with my sleep schedule. I also was preparing to leave the job I've been at for 1 1/2 years. My eating habits were all a bit off kilter last week for all of the reasons above. There was a lot of eating out along with some sweet cravings (I gave in to them but in the healthiest manner possible...black bean brownies and fruit). I did have a ridiculously decadent cupcake on Friday at work. Swill's fiance made black forest chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate covered cherry on top for my last day. I had to have one! It was delicious...worth it...but really hard to track.

I did do 2 days of my C25K last week...I wanted to do 3 but I didn't. Still...I was glad I actually started. I plan on repeating week 1 because I found the jogging so difficult. I plan on doing at least 3 days of exercise this week (all 3 days of C25K and hopefully more). I went and bought myself some running shoes. Maybe not the most amazing shoes available but they are comfortable and meant for running!

This week, I have some challenges in front of me. I am in training at my new job and it seems like they may be catering breakfast and lunch all week. Breakfast is easy to skip because I'll eat before I leave. Lunch is harder...everyone eats together and its hard to dip out to eat my pre-packed lunch. Today I did order with my team but I chose as healthy of an option as I could...6" turkey and provolone sub (no mayo) and a side of fruit (instead of chips). I may have to work on finding an excuse to eat my lunch though because I can't continue to have lunches like that the rest of the week.

On a totally unrelated but exciting note...my new job supplied me with a laptop, smart phone, printer, and portable scanner. Woot for new toys!

Hopefully I can be strong this week and bring in at least a 1 lb loss next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment