Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weigh In #42

Total weight loss this week: .5 lbs
Total weight loss so far: 57.4 lbs

So things are going well...the weight isn't coming off as fast as I would like but I know that it is a process and there will be tough and slow times. But I'm pushing through and am pretty proud of my progress.

Eating has been going well. I've found some new "low" point snacks that have helped me mix up my lunches. I am fallen in love with Parmesean Goldfish, Pretzel Thins, and Wheat Thin Flatbread crackers. They are all 2-3 points per serving and its nice to mix it up a bit. I've also found a few things to help break away from sandwiches and tuna. I love Progresso Light soups...I can eat the whole can of a few of them for 2-4 points and they are super filling. I also like the Healthy Choice Steamers every now and then. I don't want to rely on soups or frozen meals because they do tend to be higher in sodium but every now and then, its nice to mix it up!

The gym is going well. I went 3 days last week...not the 5 like I had planned but I'm still happy. I went Monday and Tuesday to do cardio. Wednesday I got caught up in running errands after work with Kyle and by the time we were done it was 9:30 so I didn't go then. Thursday was my personal training session...I'll talk more about that in a minute. Friday I skipped because we got over a foot of snow and there was no way I was going to venture out when I didn't have to go to work!

Back to my personal training...it was really good! I really liked the guy I met with. We talked a little about my background and he said he could tell I was enthusiastic. He also said that he was going to push me...and he did!! He showed me how to do the exercises with the dumb bells and cables. He didn't show me the machines because I am familiar and they are pretty self explanatory. He laid out exactly what I should be doing every day and I started yesterday. Though...after training with him on Thursday I was so unbelievably sore! My muscles have NEVER felt like that and I was in pain until Sunday night! I'm still sore and I've come to accept that I probably will continue to be sore for the next few weeks. I do 45 minutes of cardio and then 45 minutes of weights (except on my leg days, I do an hour of cardio).

Yesterday went okay...I did all the exercises but I didn't do as well as I had hoped. He wants me to do 3 sets of 15-20 per exercise. I tried...so hard...but I was at the point when my arms wouldn't lift the weights anymore. My arms were shaking and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do more. I did everything but not nearly 3 sets. It really bummed me out because I want to do this so badly. I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself...I have never in my life exercised this much or lifted weights so naturally my body is going to struggle in the beginning. I just desperately want to get in shape.

I get excited going to the gym now and I'm creating the habit of going straight after work. Its hard to adjust to being home and cooking dinner so late but I know it will become natural in time.

1 comment: