Monday, January 2, 2012

Hellish Holidays

Total weight loss so far: 51.6 lbs
Total weight loss this week: 0 lbs

Okay, so the holidays weren't hellish...but the way I ate was! Man, I was a wreck. I would start out the week trying so hard but by the time Thursday or Friday rolled around, I was a mess!

Christmas weekend, I snacked and ate whatever I wanted. I had made cupcakes and I ate more of those than I should have (and each one was at least 10pts)! I gained about 1.3lbs my weigh in after Christmas. Then I started my winter vacation...two weeks off and I was super psyched. Again, I started the week off okay but as the days went on, it just got worse. Wednesday I went to Greeley and had sushi...lets just say that overindulgence was an understatement. I was out of bonus points by Thursday morning and I knew the week was a bust. I continued to over-indulge all weekend. Between the excessive food and alcohol on New Years Eve, I was out of luck. Luckily, when I weighed in this morning, I didn't gain anything. I think my problem was that I allowed myself to just continue to mess up. I would have a bad meal, then a bad day, and then a bad two days...after that I just stopped trying.

I don't believe in New Year resolutions...I think they are an excuse to put off good choices and they generally fall by the wayside within a month or two. So I am not going to say that me resolution is to get back on track. I am getting back on track because I know its time to and I've had 8 months of steady weight loss that I'm pretty proud of. I am going to get on track with my eating and work on my exercising. I am currently involved in a sort of weight loss competition and I'm hoping that will help boost my motivation a little bit. I know I won't let the holidays derail me completely and I'm excited to start losing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment