Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lots to update...

Man, I didn't realize its been over a month since I posted an update...I'll try and give as much information as I can...

Total weight loss so far: 51.9 lbs

I hit my 50 lb lost mark two weeks before I went on vacation. I was thrilled! I didn't think I was going to do it and it was a total surprise. I treated myself to a hair cut and felt really good. Then things went downhill...

The week before vacation, I was sort of bad when it came to food. I did a lot of snacking and indulging at work. Then I went out to dinner with Shannon and Nicole and wound up eating a buffalo chicken sandwich, fries, ranch, and drinking some very fruity (and high calorie) drinks. I had a blast and, while I considered not doing so, I tracked everything. I weighed in at my mom's house (because we were leaving early on Tuesday) and managed to lose .9 lbs so I was relieved...I didn't want to have a gain two weeks in a row.

So we left for vacation...and my eating went to hell. I didn't even PRETEND to try. I was eating fast food, fried food, sweets, drinking alcohol, and not measuring a single thing. Even my pre-measured snacks for the road trip didn't help. I knew that I would struggle but I had hoped I would have a little more will power. I don't regret any of it...I had an amazing time and enjoyed every bit. But I thought I would have had some more internal control by now. When I got back and weighed in, I was up 5 pounds...not my proudest moment.

Since being back (about 3 weeks now), I have been losing but struggling to really stay on track. I've slipped back into not weighing and measuring everything and I have been snacking at work (and even at home) more than I should. I have slowly been improving and working on holding myself accountable, even when I'm ashamed of my eating habits. I try and go back and track everything because when I neglect my tracker I feel even more guilty. Thankfully, the holidays are almost over so I'm hoping some of the temptation will go away.

I'm just trying really hard to get re-focused and remember why I am doing this. I don't want to be over 200lbs for the rest of my life...I'd really like to be close to my goal weight by this time next year. So I need to go back, review my plan, and stop making excuses and justifications. I know what I need to do...just got to kick my own butt in gear...

2 comments:

  1. Steef, I am so proud of you! 50 lbs!! that is amazing. You're doing -so- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph.
    You’re doing great. There is no need to stress yourself, take it from your old fart uncle "it aint worth it"
    I think it’s good to take a break and indulge yourself sometimes just be aware of what you’re doing and know that you need to make up for it later. I have lost 65lbs since June of 2010. I have changed the type of foods I eat more Mediterranean type of foods, almost no Beef. I eat mostly Chicken and Fish some lean pork. One day a week I will eat only vegetarian. I also cut out salt at first but use a little sometimes now. I have found once you get into a routine of eating the right stuff and correct size portions (that’s the hard part for me to control) it gets much easier and you can stray off sometimes. I’m personally not a big fan of WW, to many things to keep track of for me. I guess I’m too old school “nobody’s going to tell me what to eat”, but that is just a personal choice.
    Hang in there you can do it and don’t worry. Life is to short as we all know to well.
    Don't hesitate to get in touch with me for some old guy support if you want to.
    Love
    Uncle Bobby
    Here is a link if you want to take a look
    http://www.thedietchannel.com/Get-Healthy-With-Mediterranean-Cooking.htm

    ReplyDelete