Monday, January 16, 2012

Weigh In #39

Total weight loss this week: +.4lb
Total weight loss so far: 54.1 lbs

So this was a bit of a surprising gain...though I know why it was there. I did really well all week, making sure I got in all my GHG's and even taking my vitamin. Exercising didn't happen but my eating was on track. Well...until Saturday night. We went to Kyle's parents that night for the Broncos/Patriots game. I had two beers (which, as I've learned before, probably contributed more than I like to my weight gain) and consumed a lot of food. I had an unmeasured amount of chips, steak, and potatoes. I tried my best to track everything and it took almost all my weekly points (I had only used 8 of them before then). I did okay on Sunday and had hoped that, with enough water, I would be okay. Unfortunately, I still showed a gain.

I'm still working on feeling like I'm totally back on track. Most days, I feel good...but some days I still feel like I'm slipping. I am just trying to take it a day at a time and remember that this isn't a race but a lifelong change.

I did make a decision to join a gym as soon as I can afford it. I am going to join Planet Fitness...its only $10/month (which is really low for a gym membership) and they pride themselves on being a "judgement free gym". I've read a lot of reviews and I've decided its the best place for me. While some people criticize them for "looking down on" extremely physically fit people, I think I'll feel comfortable in a place where they welcome not-so-fit people such as myself. They don't offer some of the amenities as some of the more expensive gyms (such as group classes or a pool) but I think it is a good start for me. I am not ready for group classes...I'm far to self conscious still. While I would love to do them eventually (I want to do Zumba and yoga), I think that is something I can build up to and when my comfort level is there, I'll find a gym that fits. I really wish I could go and join today but unfortunately I can't afford the fee (its only $40 for the sign up fee and first month but things are REALLY tight right now). I'm praying I can afford it when I get paid...I don't want to wait til my tax refund...but I fear I may have to.

I'm trying to remain positive...trying to remind myself that I'm losing at the best pace for me right now...and things will get better if I just really focus in. I need to stop comparing myself and my progress with others and just focus on the fact that I'm trying to get healthy for myself. I'll get there...

1 comment:

  1. Joining a gym is a good idea. On days when i'm not motivated to go at all, I just remind myself that i'm spending the money for it every month and that gets me off my ass lol. I'm so proud of you Steph!

    ReplyDelete