Sunday, December 30, 2012

Re-committed...again...

Months on Weight Watchers: 19
Total weight loss as of 12/17/12: 84.5lbs

Okay...so I really hate to look at this as a New Years resolution...I honestly have never bought into those and I feel like they get forgotten by February.

I also realize that I have posted a few "re-commitment" blogs and for that, I am slightly ashamed. 2012 was not by best year. I had some ups and downs, especially with my weight. I would do well for a few days or even a few weeks, but I always sabotaged myself. I'm not really sure where the lax attitude came from...I do know that I have finally recognized a few internal hurdles that I must overcome if I'm going to be successful long-term.

  • First...I legitimately MISS eating whatever I want. I love food...and I love food that is bad for me. I love fast food and junk food and alcohol. Years of eating as much as I pleased of anything that I wanted has created an unhealthy mindset about eating.
  • Second...I make more excuses for my own bad behavior than acceptable.
  • Third...I do not LIKE the gym or exercise. I wanted to pretend that I did...but I don't. Its a chore to me.
  • Fourth...I allow the outside world and friends to influence my choices. I know that they aren't making any suggestions or pulling me in any one direction to be malicious. I allow my self to be persuaded.
  • Fifth (and last)...I beat myself up for mistakes instead of just focusing on changing my behavior.


Now...here is the re-commitment part (and I know you have heard this before but writing it out helps me feel like its real and accountable)...

Starting 12/31/12, I am back on Weight Watchers full force with no excuses. I WILL weigh and measure EVERYTHING for every snack and every meal.

I will accept my mistakes for what they are...mistakes. I will move forward from them and take honest steps towards not making the same mistakes more than once.

I will stop mourning my inability to eat crap whenever I want. Instead, I will look at my lifestyle change as something positive and take steps to truly enjoy food that is healthy for me (while allowing moderate and measured indulgences on occasion).

I will go to the gym or get at least 30 minutes of exercise in 5 days a week. I will just suck it up. There may not be a huge revelation or change of heart about the gym and I need to accept that. But I also need to accept that exercise is necessary.

I am done making excuses. I am done panicking about having to step on the scale on Mondays. I am done avoiding my blog for fear of judgement of my slip-ups and poor choices.

Here is to a new day...a new year...and continued positive changes...

3 comments:

  1. Your progress is BEYOND incredible. Although you may be bummed that you're back here recommitting again, you honestly have done some INCREDIBLE work. There's no way anyone could lose 84.5 lbs without some serious effort. Although there are always ways we can improve, you are seriously amazing to have already made it this far. So proud of you. I need some of your dedication to rub off on me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to celebrate that you lost EIGHTY FOUR FREAKING POUNDS over the last 19 months. There might have been up and downs throughout, but that is a huge number!! You're so awesome steef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies for your kind words and support! It means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete